How Commercial Solar System Investment Pays-off
Since PV systems does not require fuel and could last even more than 25 years, more and more business owners desire to invest in this industry. Aside from the government incentives, it also provides the following benefits, making it more attractive to a lot of investors:
- a guaranteed return of investment (ROI) within just a few years
- stable energy costs and tax incentives
- guaranteed long-term power purchase agreement
- you may even draw more customers by letting them know that you’re a “green company”
How Much It Cost Commercial solar system costs will still depend on a number of factors such as:
- Size – one important factor that defines your cost; larger solar systems may even cost less per watt compared to smaller solar systems due to economies of scale.
- Installation complexity – mounting on racks, custom installations, or even just working around too many obstructions (i.e. HVAC equipment, pipes) are complex installations, making it more expensive than the usual.
- System production – tilting or installing your solar system where it can generate more energy (roof orientation) is a bit more expensive than just regular installation; however, generating more energy would still mean faster ROI on your part.
- Maintenance – although there shouldn’t be a problem with solar PVs since in terms of maintenance since there are no moving parts, you may still need an occasional cleaning of the PV modules, or inspection to prolong its life.
Commercial solar systems does not just offer lower electricity bills or long-term profit. Its accelerated depreciation, substantial incentives, and financing options (for companies) make commercial solar system a very smart investment however big or small your business is.