Let our experts find the best solar system for you

Find out more about SolaRIS


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Frequently Asked Questions on Grid-Connected Feed in Tariff

If you’re new to Renewable Energy, Solar PV and its various forms can really be confusing. The following are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we usually see asked about Grid-Connected Feed in Tariff:

What is grid-connected feed in tariff?

Grid-connected RE system is usually located in urban areas, supplying solar electricity directly to the household through an inverter. If the technology has already provided enough energy more than the house needs, the electricity will go directly to the electricity grid. When that happens, the home owner will receive a payment equivalent to the amount of generated electricity. This is called Feed in Tariff.

How does the Malaysia Feed in Tariff fund the premium Tenaga Nasional Berhad is paying?

The Feed in Tariff is not actually funded neither by the government nor Tenaga Nasional Berhad. Instead, all the funds are coming from RE Fund under Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia, which was mandated under the Renewable Energy Act 2011.

Is there any solar panel grant from the Malaysian government towards installation costs for homes?

Grants toward cost of installation of home Solar PV technology are available in some countries. Unfortunately, though, these grants are not available at this time for homeowners in Malaysia. But the good thing about installing Solar PV is that most banks are willing to provide loans to purchase the system at a very low interest rate since feed in tariff guarantees long term profit. How can I apply for Feed in Tariff? Application for feed in tariff can be done either manually or online. For manual submissions, application forms are available at SEDA Malaysia’s office, while application for online submission can be done on SEDA Malaysia’s official website. How do I go about applying for feed in approval to become an authorized seller of renewable energy at a FiT Rate? Becoming a feed in approval holder is easy. You can either apply to it yourself or seek a service provider to do it for you. Know more about FAQ among Homeowners or get answers to some of the most FAQ among Companies. source: www.seda.gov.net

Enter Your Name & Email to Receive Our Latest Promotion!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Electric vehicle charging station
Important Links
Seda Malaysia
Kettha Malaysia